Tamilnadu State Eligibility Test ( TNSET ) for 2017 is to be conducted for the post of Assistant Professors for which the applications are invited from eligible candidates.
Check complete details of TNSET 2017 with instructions , how to apply online, what is the procedure to download hall ticket or fill in the form , scheme of exam, minimum eligibility marks for results .
TNSET 2017 Important Dates :
- Online Application Form Opens : Jan 20th, 2017
- Last Date to Apply Online : March 12, 2017
- Date of Written Exam : April 23, 2017
Paper 1 Time : 8.30 to 10.45 AM
Paper 2 Time : 10.45 to 12.30 PM
Paper 3 Time : 01.30 to 4.30 PM
Official Notification : Download
UPDATE : TNSET Result 2017
TNSET 2017 Online Application Form ( Registration ) : Click Here
Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal conducts State Eligibility Test ( SET ) to determine eligibility of candidates for Assistant Professor posts in the state.
Those who pass the SET test will be eligible for Tamilnadu Universities and colleges, the examination is to be held for 25 subjects at 16 exam centres all over TN .
Candidates who qualify TNSET 2017 will be governed by Assistant Professors of concerned universities / colleges / institutions of tamilnadu .
TNSET 2017 results will be released online on the official website which the same will be updated on www.tnpscnow.com .
Eligibility for TNSET 2017 ?
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks (without rounding off) for General category and 50% for Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes (MBC) / Denotified Communities (DNC) / Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD-VH/PH), in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Science, Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic science etc., are eligible to appear for this test.
- Candidates who have appeared (OR) will be appearing at the Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited (OR) candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the TNSET exam 2017, eligibility certificate will be issued only on production of proof for having passed the Master’s degree or equivalent examination securing at least 55% marks (without rounding off) for General Category and 50% for Backward Classes/ Most Backward Classes (MBC) / Denotified Communities (DNC) / Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Persons with Disability (PWD-VH/PH), within two years from the date of TNSET-2017 examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
3. The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s Degree completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in TNSET 2017 examination.
- Candidates shall appear for TNSET 2017 examination in their relevant subject of their post-graduation only, in case the candidate did not find the subject of his post graduation in the list of TNSET 2017 subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
- Candidates other than general category are required to mention their social status in the online application form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as PG degree marks sheet and certificates, community certificates and certificates related to PWD (VH/PH) uploaded with their application. The community certificates submitted by the candidates must be issued by the competent authority. In case their certificate is found to be invalid by the TNSET 2017 agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the TNSET centre has accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions.
AGE Limit :
Candidates have no age limit to apply for TN SET exam 2017, so anyone who’ve met the above educational qualification may go for it without any limitation .
Application Cost :
General : Rs.1500
BC/MBC/DNC : Rs.1250
SC/ST/PWD : Rs.500
Candidates have to pay the above mentioned SET 2017 exam fee with taxes / service charge for the payment processing as well.
SET 2017 Exam Scheme :
You’ll be conducted three schemes of Paper 1, 2, 3 with each carries 100 marks ,
How many marks have to score ?
In order to be eligible , you have to score a minimum mark of 40% ( GEN ) , 35 ( Reserved ) for Paper 1, II, 75 % ( GEN ), 60 ( Reserved ) for Paper III .
TNSET Hall Ticket ?
If you’ve applied online, a SMS confirmation with Registration details will be sent , you will be able to download hall ticket of yours online soon after the registration process.
Exam Centres :
TNSET exam will be conducted across 16 centres which we’ve mentioned on the official notification .
This post doesn’t come under TNPSC Exams , so don’t confuse with that . It is conducted separately by Mother Teresa University for Assistant Professors posts in tamilnadu govt colleges & universities.
You may also meanwhile go through all latest tnpsc notifications 2017.
If you have any doubts ? Ask Questions here